Being an ULTIMATE volunteer
Are you looking for a rewarding experience to develop your skills and leadership during the March Break in a charitable way? Applying to become a Camp Counsellor for York Street ULTIMATE March Break Day Camp may be just for you!
As a YSU Camp Counsellor, you will be reporting to the Camp Co-Directors and be:
• Interacting, supervising, and mentoring our child participants in an interactive, fun, and engaging way
• Organizing, planning, and setting up activities, workshops, snacks, and games
• Strategically managing our participants during field trips, workshops, and activies by using head-counts, organization techniques, and open communication with Senior Camp Staff
• Contributing to a safe, organized, and clean camp site and environment
All volunteers must:
• Be youth (ages 16 – 25)
• Be comfortable in an English speaking environment
• Have the capacity to interactively work with children for long hours
• Not have any criminal convictions
• All volunteers will need to undergo a Police Record’s Check
• Be full of energy, enthusiasm, and fun
Assets: Please let us know if you have the following qualifications: First Aid/CPR/AED certification, HI-5 certification, or related volunteer or employment experience
• Be able to take a minimum of two full-day shifts from 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM
• Camp runs Monday, March 12th, 2012 to Friday, March 16th, 2012
• Be available for a Volunteer Orientation Day on Thursday, March 8, 2012 (evening)
• Be able to complete a Police Records Check for Work with the Vulnerable Sector in January 2012. A letter will be provided so that the fee is waived.
What’s in it for you?
• The opportunity to contribute to a rewarding March Break program for needy children
• A fun, experience-rich leadership development opportunity during the March Break
• Signed volunteer hours which will go towards your High School Community Involvement requirement
• YSU gear, healthy snacks, and lunches included
The 2012 YSU Volunteer Recruitment Drive has now concluded. If you would still like to submit an application for consideration for following years, please contact us.